I’ve finally finished the sundress for Thing One. I’ve got a pattern mostly written, except for instructions on installing the zipper, and numbers for different sizes, but I’m working on that.
I’m using Marnie MacLean’s tutorial on using Excel to help writing multi-sized patterns as a guide. I’m a fairly proficient Excel user, so once I saw the beginning of what she had to say, I was pretty well able to just do it on my own, although I did download her sample spreadsheet, and I have a bookmark to the tutorial, in case I forget something.
I want to make another, for Little Cat Z, because I think she’d like it, too, and to do a little of my own test knitting, checking my numbers for another size, before sending it off to a tech editor.
I’m insanely proud of myself, particularly that I got over my nearly debilitating fear over how to install the zipper, and I hope that other people like it as well as I do.
Tonight, I will hopefully get pictures, preferably on Thing One, but if nothing else, of it on the hanger.
I’ve been going back and forth (mostly back) about trying to do something for the KnitPicks Independent Designer Partnership Program
. There’s a lot of discussion about it on the Designers group forum on Ravelry, with lots of pros and cons, all of which make good sense. It’s just a matter of each designer deciding what they
want, and what will work for them
. I had pretty well decided that it wouldn’t be good for me. Of course, now I’ve found a sketch for something that I think might be okay for it. I’m going to wait, though. It’s a winter garment, for one thing, so it’s not like people would be raring to go with it now that spring is almost here. Plus, I have to finish this dress pattern, and the super secret felted pattern, before I think I should take on anything else.